Monday, February 21, 2011

Beautiful day


Tucker beach with some of the bests. Also, got to watch 500 days of Summer tonight and I loved every second of it. In fact, I’m listening to the soundtrack as I write. I know this has nothing to do with the picture of the day but it’s in my heart right now so I have to let it out. I love that movie. Some might say that it’s no good because it’s not a “happy” ending. But that’s the beauty of it. Relationships aren’t fairy tales, and we go through awful times in awful relationships but in the end it all leads to something new. As every “Summer” ends, there is “Autumn” right around the corner. And I just love how honest it is. From the very beginning, the audience is told “This is a story about love, but you should know up front, this isnot a love story.” And as you’re watching it, you find yourself pulling for Summer and Tom. You want them to work out. You think “maybe, just maybe.” It kind of reminds me of the movie “Titanic.” From the beginning of the movie, you know that the boat is going to sink and that thousands are going to die. But you find yourself thinking, “maybe it won’t happen. maybe they’re love can overcome it.” You are fighting facts of history because all we want is for love to prevail. The human heart and it’s yearnings are just so interesting to me. I know I’m weird that I’ve given this much thought to a Romantic Comedy that didn’t even do that well in theaters, but that’s me.

No comments:

Post a Comment