Oh, my heart. I knew this ending was coming for a while, but I didn't know that I was going to have an emotional breakdown when it finally came. Y'all, part of my soul is in Parenthood. It is just an amazing show and has such a special place in my heart. Throughout college, my roommates and I would hold the remote in our hand so we could readily pause the show when we needed to verbally process how we would handle different situations. These people are more than fictional characters. They are family. Rest in peace, sweet parenthood.
Also, the show opens up with a song called "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan and in the last scene they did the most beautiful cover of it and it became necessary for me to post. If you plan on watching parenthood ever, and don't want a spoiler, put the mouse at 1:00, press play, and don't look at the screen.
Also, below is a scene that shows you just how good this show is. Amber had just gotten out of a car accident where she and the driver had been drinking and almost lost their lives. This is the conversation her grandfather, Zeke, has with her as a result.
"You do not have permission to mess with my dreams."
No comments:
Post a Comment