Today marks one month of being Mrs. Keith LeGrone. What an adventure it has been with this man over the past 7 years.
It's been a month and we have gone to a different country together
Traveled across this country together
Virginia Highlands: Atlanta, Georgia
Bourbon Street: New Orleans, Louisianna
And have started a new life together in Houston, Texas
Sunday night listening to Cosby on the record
It's been quite a whirlwind and it is starting to set in that Houston isn't just another town that we are passing through. On our way to Houston, we took a roadtrip and annoyed all of our friends by taking over their instagram feed (#legronestakehouston). When Keith brought up this idea of driving across the country together, I was vehemently opposed. I just wanted to get here. I didn't want to waste any time, just rip the bandaid and start this life. Keith proposed that we stop in Atlanta one night and New Orleans the next and arrive in Houston after that. He made an itinerary of activities, yes, an itinerary of activities that would make each city uniquely entertaining and fun. Some things didn't go according to plan, but the whole trip was basically a second honeymoon and I'm incredibly thankful Keith persevered through my opposition to get me to take that trip with him. Since we've been in Houston, I have tried to maintain this mindset of getting anything and everything you can out of the city. And that has made the transition so much easier. Here are some of the things we have done since we've been in Houston
These are just some of the things we have done and it has been such a pleasure. There is one of those bullets that I want to talk about just a little bit more. I have been on the search for a job for a few weeks and even looked for some volunteer mentoring opportunities that I could get involved with. I came across an organization called Hope for Youth, which is a mentoring program that leads homeless urban youth to Christ. I watched a very touching video that they had on their website and knew immediately that I wanted to get involved. Long story short I got in touch with someone who works there and she told me about a kickball event they were going to have this weekend. The idea of going made me really nervous, which I knew was a gigantic neon billboard sign that God was holding up to me saying "GO."
So I went. And Keith came too. I felt kind of like I did the first time I went to Millbrook High school as a leader with Young Life. Awkward. Clammy hands. Digging deep within for conversation topics and hoping and praying the kids would like me. Also, we were playing Kickball. I. am. not. athletic. Keith, however, was an all-star. Everyone fell in love with "that tall guy" because he caught every ball that came his way and kicked it out of the park. Watching him interact with all of the kids there reaffirmed my already confident belief that he will be the best father ever. (In the far, far future). We had a blast and really enjoyed spending time with them. Another update on the job front is that Hope for Youth put me in connection with the Homeless Shelter they work closely with that is hiring several people to do various things. I have applied to a job that would be working with the teens and planning events and activities for them. It makes me very excited and very nervous, which I feel is like another one of those big neon signs. And the best thing about this job search is that God is sovereign and faithful. So if this doesn't end up working out, it is all for good because God is going to provide full, purposeful, and joyful life for me in this place. Alas, I can breathe.
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Virginia Highlands: Atlanta, Georgia
Bourbon Street: New Orleans, Louisianna
And have started a new life together in Houston, Texas
Sunday night listening to Cosby on the record
It's been quite a whirlwind and it is starting to set in that Houston isn't just another town that we are passing through. On our way to Houston, we took a roadtrip and annoyed all of our friends by taking over their instagram feed (#legronestakehouston). When Keith brought up this idea of driving across the country together, I was vehemently opposed. I just wanted to get here. I didn't want to waste any time, just rip the bandaid and start this life. Keith proposed that we stop in Atlanta one night and New Orleans the next and arrive in Houston after that. He made an itinerary of activities, yes, an itinerary of activities that would make each city uniquely entertaining and fun. Some things didn't go according to plan, but the whole trip was basically a second honeymoon and I'm incredibly thankful Keith persevered through my opposition to get me to take that trip with him. Since we've been in Houston, I have tried to maintain this mindset of getting anything and everything you can out of the city. And that has made the transition so much easier. Here are some of the things we have done since we've been in Houston
- Gone to see the Houston Symphony
- Visited some amazing churches
- Been to an Astro's game
- Gone to a special night time flea market
- Played golf at a driving range/restaurant/bar called Top golf
- Played kickball with homeless middle and high school students
- Gone to eat at some amazing restaurants
- Found a sweet record store with records for a dollar
These are just some of the things we have done and it has been such a pleasure. There is one of those bullets that I want to talk about just a little bit more. I have been on the search for a job for a few weeks and even looked for some volunteer mentoring opportunities that I could get involved with. I came across an organization called Hope for Youth, which is a mentoring program that leads homeless urban youth to Christ. I watched a very touching video that they had on their website and knew immediately that I wanted to get involved. Long story short I got in touch with someone who works there and she told me about a kickball event they were going to have this weekend. The idea of going made me really nervous, which I knew was a gigantic neon billboard sign that God was holding up to me saying "GO."
So I went. And Keith came too. I felt kind of like I did the first time I went to Millbrook High school as a leader with Young Life. Awkward. Clammy hands. Digging deep within for conversation topics and hoping and praying the kids would like me. Also, we were playing Kickball. I. am. not. athletic. Keith, however, was an all-star. Everyone fell in love with "that tall guy" because he caught every ball that came his way and kicked it out of the park. Watching him interact with all of the kids there reaffirmed my already confident belief that he will be the best father ever. (In the far, far future). We had a blast and really enjoyed spending time with them. Another update on the job front is that Hope for Youth put me in connection with the Homeless Shelter they work closely with that is hiring several people to do various things. I have applied to a job that would be working with the teens and planning events and activities for them. It makes me very excited and very nervous, which I feel is like another one of those big neon signs. And the best thing about this job search is that God is sovereign and faithful. So if this doesn't end up working out, it is all for good because God is going to provide full, purposeful, and joyful life for me in this place. Alas, I can breathe.
Treavon's story from Hope For Youth on Vimeo.
Also I came across a verse this morning.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns."
Isaiah 52:7
And no matter what our jobs are, what stage of life we are in, in any circumstance we are invited to be the bearers of this good news. To publish peace. To bring happiness. To establish salvation. What an amazing invitation to receive. My prayer is that I will be pushed to share this good news in whatever job I end up with.
Happy Monday Homies!

No comments:
Post a Comment