Do you ever wake up and feel a rush of anxiety? As the newness wears off and I continue to spend each day not knowing exactly what I'm doing with my time in Houston, I am accompanied by stress and worry. I'm starting to feel like I am falling out of an airplane and my parachute is not working. I'm ready to feel that safety and assurance that I'm okay. Instead I just keep falling and falling and it is opening my heart to a lot of lies. It got me thinking about the fact that lies are so much easier to believe than truth. They take root so quickly and something inside us clings to the allure of the lies. It is the most discomforting feeling watching yourself cling to lies, knowing that they are in fact lies. I think that the times where lies enter in to our lives are when we forget about who God is and who he says we are. We start to think that we are forgotten and that he doesn't really have our best interest in mind.
This morning, I started to think about lies and truth. The lies from the enemy and the truth from God. Each lie can always be combatted with a more powerful and beautiful truth. These are the ones that I am dealing with this season of life.
Lies from the Enemy Truth from God
- You are insignificant.
- Work harder. Strive for more.
- If God loved you, he would give you everything your heart desires.
- Stress out. Worry. This will give you control over your problems.
- You are self sufficient.
- You are worth everything.
- Your work will never be enough, but I have done all of the work for you and I offer it freely. Rest in the work that I have already done.
- I love you so much that I gave everything to be in relationship with you. I want to take care of you for all the days of your life. Believe that my ways are greater and better than yours.
- Stress and worry give your problems control over you. Let go. Trust that I love you and take control for your greater good.
- You are so lost and broken on your own. Let me enter in and make you whole. Let me do all the work for you and all I ask is that you love me in return and share this love with the world.
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy and you are that temple.
1 Corinthians 3:17
What lies do you believe today? Do you know the truth that combats them? Know that God has victory over those lies whether you consciously are aware of the truth or not.
This song makes Mondays better.
No comments:
Post a Comment