So I’ve been feeling a little nostalgic lately. I think the spring is what does it to me. It reminds me of that time, 5 years ago, when I was getting to know the boy that would one day be the man of my life. I think about how the Lord has had his hand (holy quadruple alliteration), not only in every step of our relationship, but every step of our lives. That his Dad got a job right out of college in Greensboro, and that my Dad’s job finally allowed us to stay in one place for more than 4 years. Even more than that, that our parents met and fell in love and had us. And their parents met and fell in love and had them! Lord, how your plan for our lives is so beautifully crafted and woven together. I don’t believe that any of those things is a result of coincidence or serendipity. I believe that we are living according to a plan, created by a God who loves us (phew, that would suck if it was made but a guy that didn’t like us!) Anyway, I probably should’ve waited for the big Anny post to put this up but I simply couldn’t wait.
k-
you always make fun of me for giving you so much loving on this thing. Like I make you out to be better than you are but I want you to know, that’s a bold faced lie! This space has been a place to open my eyes when I want to keep them held shut so tightly to what you mean to me. I want to be bitter and mad and annoyed and emotional and dramatic and stressed and and and. BUT it’s here that truth comes out. That I can see clearly that you, LeGrone, you were made to be mine. And don’t tell me to be careful with saying things like that because gosh darn it, I mean it. I love the way you laugh at everything I say .5 seconds before I hit the punch line, it gives me so much confidence (sometimes too much). I love the way you always throw the lily verse at me when I’m stressed. I love the way you let me control the radio in the car, even though 99% of the time I don’t want any music because I just want to have all of you to myself. I love the way you know me. I love the way you love me. Hopefully you won’t be too embarrassed at my love declaration for you on the world wide web. Our lastanniversary was so special, and I can’t wait to see what this year will be like! Only a few more weeks 
-n

No comments:
Post a Comment