This past weekend has been filled with such joy.
Friday: I packed my bags from Raleigh to make a quick weekend trip to the homeland of the 336. One of my favorite bands (Jenny and Tyler) were having a house concert. I'm pretty obsessed with them, as you can see here. Some of my friends from Millbrook road tripped to my house in Greensboro and we had a night of extravagant fun. We went to the legendary Kiha and ate hibachi until we couldn't see straight. There's something about going to a restaurant and the waiter knowing exactly what you want just by looking at your face. Kiha is this for me. I also saw an old teacher that I admire so much and felt like I was in heaven. I felt like I was a small town girl coming back from the big city in that Kiha and felt on top of the world. Then we made our way to the concert. Holy-bestthingI'veevergoneto. I spent $45 on different merchandise (including one of their albums on vinyl!) and knew it was money well spent. It was just at someone's small house and was such an intimate group and I just couldn't stop touching my hair or smiling the entire night. We finished the blissful evening with a drive through a famous attraction near downtown greensboro: the christmas balls. There is this one neighborhood that all creates these christmas light-balls and they hang hundreds of them in their trees and you drive through and look up in amazement. We also had the Jenny and Tyler Christmas EP playing in the background which made my insides all warm and gooey.
Saturday: I tried to study a little bit, but had Keith LeGrone on the brain and couldn't think of studying when he was 10 minutes down the road. So I came over and helped him do a little Christmas shopping. Riding in the car and going to the store aren't very exciting things but for some reason they are so much fun when I'm with the big G. That night, my mom decided to invite his parents over for dinner at our house and we had a triple date with our parents. It was one of the most fun things ever and I'm so thankful that our parents are friends and hang out when me and Keith aren't around. We shared stories about growing up and laughed until our stomachs hurt. Me and Keith finished the night with a solo date watching my new favorite, Freaks and Geeks. I dare you to watch this without laughing. Seriously, that show has an undeniable cast and I'm loathing the day where it will all end...and that day is coming fast.
Sunday: I went to a new church and lunch with Keith and his brother Jake. I really loved going to this new place and eating a delicious sandwich with those two jokers.
And now, I'm studying. So I'm intentionally avoiding it by writing this nostalgic post but hey, it was a great distraction. Back to the studying I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment