Monday, January 23, 2012

the heart.


I started reading this book tonight called The Sacred Romance and it is really good. The whole first chapter was about the mystery of the human heart and the longing all of us have within it. The longing to be loved, desired, wanted, encouraged, fulfilled. So often we forget where these things can be found without fail. Or for me, I know exactly where it lies but for some reason my heart deceives me to believe that other things are more important. More often than not, I find myself desiring to desire God rather than simply desiring him. But I know the Lord will give me ways to find my way back to Him. Anyway, there was a really nice quote in this first chapter that I loved:
“It is by the heart that God is perceived and not by reason…So that is what faith is: God perceived by the heart”
More updates on my discoveries to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment