Lord, you have reminded me of the importance of seeing hope. Especially in high schoolers. Through Young Life it has been so easy for me to see hope and the redemptive powers that you continue to use through Jesus Christ. But for some reason, when I think about students at my student teaching placement, all that optimism and hope for a bright future dwindles away. I notice how contagious negativity is among teachers. Jesus, please make me a light in the school. Show me how to make a difference as a Teacher. To cling to the belief that this generation is not hopeless. I trust in the promises of the change you'll show in your people. You do not abandon us to ourselves, and I'm so grateful for that. Make my positivity contagious. I believe that you can make a difference through me.
Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said, "Now I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."
Jeremiah 1:9-10
This is the call I have received. Help me when I want to walk away from this call Jesus. Help me always know that I am planting and building a brighter future for coming generations.
You are a light. Stay positive and that energy will be contagious.
ReplyDelete