Sunday, November 11, 2012

wgwc

I got the pleasure of going back to the legen (hope-you're-not-lactose-intolerant-because-the-next-word-has-a-lot-of) dary young life camp called Windy Gap. I got to take some of my girls to help serve campers this weekend and get to know what goes on behind the scenes at such a magical place. 
We worked in the "Sippie" which is like a snack bar type of thing and served over 400 high schoolers! These girls worked so hard and have probably gained so many muscles in their arms scooping tons of ice cream and making milkshakes out the wahzoo. Another sweet thing about this weekend was that my ENTIRE family was there. See sweetness below
I'm so thankful for my family and how grateful I was that my parents got to see and understand a little bit more of why we love and pour our lives into this ministry. Also Windy Gap is just a place where dreams come true. 
 Dear Windy Gap- Thank you for being beautiful and for showing me that my creator is extravagant and wants a relationship with me every day for the rest of my time on this earth and to continue this relationship in paradise for eternity. Thank you for giving me and my high school friends an opportunity to serve and show your overflowing never-giving up love to strangers. Thank you for being you. Hope to see you soon.

Millbrook girls- you kicked my but this weekend serving. Y'all fought on when I just wanted to nap and you were begging for opportunities to serve which still blows my mind. You girls show Jesus so much without realizing it and I'm so encouraged and glad to know each of you. Can't wait to live life forever with each other!

Langkamp/Howe's- It was so fun being all together this weekend. I really love the direction our family is going and am excited to spend more and more time together over the holidays. Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment