This weekend we went to THE Auburn University to visit Keith's family.
We had so much fun spending time with each other and I was so honored to be a part of it. Also, Auburn pulled out a W so that always helps. (You're welcome, Auburn. I am your good luck charm...5 for 5).
There is something special about seeing the person you love loving something with their whole heart. I like football and I think Auburn is really good at it, but that is not why I have so much fun going to games. The reason I have fun is watching Keith's face as they play the intro video. It is seeing his anxious anticipation and excitement for the game that is about to unfold before us. It is impossible for Keith to hide his big grin right before kick-off. Auburn is more than football to Keith. It is tradition. It is family. It is something he has grown up loving and will love his entire life. Seeing the person you have decided to live your life with love something like that, you can't help but get ooey-gooey inside and rep the team just as hard. Another example of this is the way Keith loves his family. Y'all, that man has a HUGE heart. And it is full of warm fuzzies for every single member of his family. They are all great and I would like them even if I weren't required to as a result of marriage (hehe). But seeing Keith love his family the way he does makes me fall more deeply in love with him. We literally drove a total of 22 hours to spend essentially a day together. Most people would think that is crazy and you would think that I would be the nagging wife not wanting to go. Granted, there was some nagging involved, but I would do it every weekend if we had the chance just because I love seeing Keith love his family. Maybe not every weekend. But a lot of weekends. Get me on a plane and it changes the whole story!
LeGrones, Keiths, Shanahans-
We had an amazing time with you. We wish we didn't live so far away so we could do spend more time together, but know you have a tiny apartment to stay in should you find yourself in Houston! (Please find yourself in Houston soon). We love you!
War Eagle!








No comments:
Post a Comment