Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lessons.



So it is October 14 and I am so desperate to wear cute scarves and watch the leaves change colors. Because Houston is being stubborn, I've had to go to different lengths to feel the joy of fall. I bought new orange placemats and flowers that feel like the autumn season. 
 Here are some things that Keith and I have been learning since starting our new life in Houston:
  • It is important to have a spare tire.
  • Don't get too stressed out over things, or you'll get shingles.
  • Having structure from day to day makes life more enjoyable.
  • Put yourself out there to build community and make friends. It's worth it.
  • Have dance battles around the apartment. Just because. 
  • Challenge each other through cribbage and chess, as long as Nicole wins.
  • Go to the cheesecake factory to get the oreo one. You won't regret it.
  • Don't waste your time asking God to change your circumstance. Ask him to change your perspective.
  • Enjoy the richness of each of life's seasons, even if you feel like an utter mess.
I know I have so many more lessons to learn as life goes on, but I'm so thankful for a loving and gracious Father that invites me to learn how to walk alongside him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment