Monday, March 28, 2011

Charlottebound


Me and Keith went to Charlotte this weekend because I got him Bobcats/Knicks tickets for Christmas. This was Downtown and it was such a cold and nasty day but we found shelter in Breuggers, got some hot chocolate and got to do something we don’t get to do very often: have real conversation in real life.

This is the game we were at…As you can see our seats are VERY high up because I’m cheap and can’t afford good seats! We were both so tired during the game but it was so nice to just be together and watch him watch his favorite team play. Why the knicks are his favorite team, I can’t tell you.

This is my train ticket from Charlotte to Raleigh and my new Jesus Calling. I’ll explain the significance of both. The ticket is pretty obvious, it was really hard as always to say goodbye and go our separate ways (Keith literally dragged me to the car to go to the train station). But this is what God has for our relationship right now and I’m confident in that. And the Jesus Calling. If you don’t already know, I LOVE Jesus Calling. It is the best devotional I’ve encountered in a long while and it is so relational and always makes my time with Jesus more intimate. But anyway, for Ashley’s birthday I gave my copy to her because I thought she could get a lot out of it and Keith had gotten me a new devotional for Valentines day. So I was so happy to be able to give that to her, but truthfully, I was struggling a little bit because that new devo wasn’t doing it for me and I missed my Jesus Calling! And ofcourse I could borrow it back whenever I wanted but I’m super lazy so more often than not it ended up in me not spending time with Jesus. So I was telling Keith’s Aunt all of this and a few hours later she came back to the house and gave me this new one! It is literally one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I can’t remember a time where someone (let alone someone I barely know) gave me a gift for really no reason. The way his Aunt and Uncle love others and their family is so encouraging and has planted some seeds in my heart about how I want to build my family!
Overall: great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment