One of my favorite things to do, if I have time, is explore and adventure into new and different blogs. I follow one blog called the blue book blog, based off of a devotional called the blue book. Jim Branch is the author of both the devotional and this blog and his posts always bring so much truth and rest to my soul.
Jim recently blogged about how he often times tries to write his own psalms based on where he is in his relationship with the Lord. He wrote this one based on psalm 107 and I wanted to post it here because it speaks so much truth to where I am right now.
Some fought and wrestled
and refused to let go
even though what they were
clinging to so tightly
was only a shadow and an illusion
a false and fleeting distortion
of what the dreamer dreamt them to be
In fact they held on so tightly that
in the end it had to be torn away
pried from their tightly clenched fists
And when it all was over and the dust had settled
they recognized that what god was freeing them from
and what he had for them to receive
was what they most desperately wanted all along
He was giving them the gift of their true selves
Let them give thanks to God for His unfailing love
and His wonderful deeds for men
For His passion for us will not allow Him
to let us settle for less than
all of the beauty and delight
that was in His heart and mind for us
when He dreamt us into being
This is so beautiful and true. Why do I think that my plans are better than His? I am in a time of uncertainty right now. There is a lot that I don't know about my future. The unknown is so hard for me. I fixate on how it is just hard and I let myself stress and get anxious about everything I don't know rather than resting in the truth that I do know. The truth that he is faithful and he loves me. That he has plans for me. Plans that are good and that build me up to become more like Him. I need my "plans" and anxieties to be ripped away. To be pried away from my tightly clenched fists. I want to recognize the truth that He is freeing me and giving me what I desperately want all along. To be loved and cherished. This is the only thing I need to have a good life. To know who and whose I am. I love the last line where it says His passion for us will not allow him to let us SETTLE for less than all of the beauty and delight that was in His heart and mind for us when He dreamt us into being. When we choose our plans over his, we are settling. When we choose anxiety over rest we are settling. I pray that I will begin to recognize when my heart is settling for less than all of the beauty and delight that God has in store for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment