K-
Has it really been 6 years? That makes us sound really old or something. I still feel like a kid when I'm with you. I love it. Slowly but surely, we are making our way into adulthood. In the next few weeks, we will be graduating from college. I'll be looking for a job while you prepare for an internship this summer and then Duke in the fall. This time of year always brings me back to our beginnings. Like when you awkwardly asked for my phone number so we could see Meet the Robinsons together. I remember ripping a page out of my chemistry notebook as fast as I could to give it to you. I remember the first time you helped me pump gas and how you tried to impress me with your casual stance against the car. I remember our second kiss when I sassily said "well, aren't you going to kiss me??" To which you replied "can you just give me a second?!" so you could gain the courage. I remember watching you play golf with your dad and realizing for the first time that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. And not in a "aw high school sweet heart, dreamy and unrealistic" spend the rest of my life with you. The real and legitimate "want to spend the rest of my life with you." We've been running a marathon the past 4 years. We've trained our bodies and our hearts to adapt and endure our current situation of distance and separation. It has been a beautiful 4 years and the Lord has been so faithful to us. He has taught us how to trust him with our relationship and defy all the odds that are against us. We have almost reached the finish line. We are almost done with this race and I can't believe it. I can't believe that in a couple of days I won't be thinking about the next time I will get to see you. I can just exist with you. The phrase "see you later" will have an all new meaning with us because I can actually see. you. later. Is this real? I'm trying to prepare my heart and my body to stop running and rest with you. I know that things aren't going to be perfect. I know that we are going to have an entirely new set of struggles as we live in the same place, but I know that you are the one for me. I have run this race for you and I'm so excited to sit next to you. To eat kiha with you. To spend time with the R'mahs with you. To go to the lake with you. To watch How I Met Your Mother with you. With you, with you, with you. I think those are my two favorite words. (Insert any situation) with you. We have come so far. We have so far to go. Let's rest after this long marathon and enjoy this time in our lives. Here are some of my favorite pics with/of you. I love you LeGrone. You're mine.
-N
-N

No comments:
Post a Comment