Saturday, January 1, 2011
Jake "Pretty Boy" Langkamp
Jake “Pretty Boy” Langkamp is quite possibly the cutest dog in existence. In no way is this a biased statement. As I woke up this morning…well afternoon at 12 I stumbled downstairs only to fall asleep to my Dad’s insistence upon watching football all hours of New Years day. Once I finally woke up, I realized that today is the start to a new year! To this new project. And I started to feel a little anxiety thinking about what I would take a picture of today. I don’t have any plans, nowhere to go, no one to see. What the heck am I going to be artistically inspired by if I’m just cooped up in this house? And then I saw it. Jake laying in his little pillow bed that he so often naps in just looking back at me, as cute as ever. He didn’t get the middle name “Pretty boy” for nothing. He’s always been a diva, but a lovable diva at that. The thing I love the most about him is his willingness to let me manhandle him if that makes sense. Whenever I see something cute like a puppy or a baby I feel this urge to just squeeze the crap out of them,bite my lip, and proceed to talk in an EXTREMELY obnoxious voice that I don’t even know how to type. Ellwood, my other dog, will not stand for this manhandling. But Jake will just look at you and give you the biggest kiss you’ve ever received. He lives such a simple, yet fulfilling life, and finds enjoyment in the most miniscule things. Looking into his beautiful brown eyes staring back at me, I realized that I want to live like Jake. I want to be warm and not afraid to let people touch me, and not in a weird way you sicko. More often than not, I’m the Ellwood in life. I just sit by myself and growl if people try to hug me because it is too close for comfort. But Jake will run up and tackle you with his 40 pound body and show you more love than you’ve seen from any other animal in your life. Anyway, Jake is the cutest dog ever and for that he gets to be my first picture of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment