So I don’t know how I’m going to go about explaining this, but I’ll do my best. Keith’s church (Friendly Avenue Baptist, 2009 undefeated Championship Church League basketball season) became affiliated with a local Montagnard Church somewhere between our Sophomore and Junior year of high school. Now, from what I understand, Montagnard’s are Vietnamese people that helped America during the Vietnam war. I could be really wrong about this but I’m trying here. A lot of them moved to North and South Carolina after the war and a lot reside in Greensboro. So Keith’s church reached out to their church and helped out with a lot of things. Mainly, in their case (because the LeGrone family was gifted with smarts), tutoring the children. This is where Mrs. L, Keith, and Jake (Keith’s younger brother) really got to know this one family. The R’mahs. There are currently 7 children in the family ranging from a Senior in high school to a little baby. And somewhere along the way, they became a part of Keith’s family. A second family. On the shelves of their house, pictures of Keith and Jake came down to be replaced by the R’mah boys and girls. The kids call Mr. and Mrs. L “Dad” and “Mom.” Keith “Big Brotha.” Jake “Lil Brotha.” And me either “Sis” or “Princess.” Whenever they call me “Princess” they call Keith “Prince” and we get are dose of royalty from them. They come over to the LeGrone house at least once a week to play and get help with their homework, but mainly to just spend time with their “American” family. It has been one of the sweetest things I’ve witnessed seeing them become a part of their family. I’ll do my best with spelling, but H’po (the youngest girl) gave me this card for Christmas and made me the most beautiful bracelet. Inside the card reads:
Merry Christmas!
It was very nice to call you Princess and Sis. Your a nice Princess and Sis. I enjoy to call you that! My family have lots of fun playing with u!
Love u.
So few words that just mean so much. It just meant a lot to me that she would make that for me. The boys are too obsessed with Keith to notice that I’m there, but one day I know we’ll be friends. They are such a sweet family and they deserve the world and have so little. Throw up a prayer for them if you have a spare minute. They’re going to do great things in this world and I can’t wait to see what it is they do.
Also, It was Seth and Victoria’s birthday celebration tonight and I’m breaking the rules and putting 2 pictures this round. They are a part of my second family (including Jake and Ethan) as well. Unit 2 Unit 2 Unit 2. Never dies. (Takes way too long to explain WTP, but maybe another time!)


No comments:
Post a Comment